Re: Prototype Freight Cars in General

Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>

Folks,

Let us remember that Branchline's Blue Print series has the paint scheme noted on the label; which I appreciate, being a 1953 modeler. How many mistakes have been made by having a 1955 scheme, and not realizing it until it was brought home!
We'll get there some day, it just takes time to convince the manufacturers we're serious about the details.

Fred Freitas

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...> wrote:
--- In STMFC@..., "Charles Etheredge" <ceth512@e...> wrote:

Guys,
<snip>
One thing I wish the manufacturers would do is to indicate on their
boxes the time period that particular car existed...time built until
approximate disappearance. ( 1919-1955 or whatever).

Charles Etheredge
Modeling the T&NO in the 40's
Amen, brother, amen!
Gene Green