Re: painting with an airbrush

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

I'll throw in my two cents, for what it's worth. I only use solvent paints although "one day" I'll try some of my stash of Pro Color Birkholz/Meisener acrylics. After I finish painting, I clean the cup that holds the paint and then blow either lacquer thinner or MEK (depending upon whether I used Floquil or Scalecoat [thinner] or Accupaint [MEK]) through the brush with the needle in the exhaust stream of the brush to remove paint from it. I disassemble and clean the entire brush with lacquer thinner or MEK using Q tips and pipe cleaners. I store the brush entirely disassembled. When changing colors, but not "final cleaning" the brush, I blow some clean thinner or MEK through. My brush since I was 12 has been a Paasche VL double action. I am on my second as the frequent assembly/disassembly tends to wear some of the threaded areas over the years. This is what works for me. YMMV.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912