Re: Special Anouncement regarding Cocoa Beach... READ if you are coming...

jerryglow2

Hopefully you can provide handouts or make the information available
for those unable to attend or get one of the limited seats. This
looks like a worthy project and I commend you and those supporting
the effort.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, tgregmrtn@a... wrote:

Folks,

My clinic at Cocoa Beach will be a somewhat hands on clinic, well
not
exactly hands on... But you will be given a Cross-Kit conversion--
THANKS TO
ACCRURAIL-- to convert their ARR boxcar to a KCS 15500 to 15599
rebuilt boxcar that
utilizes the ACCURAIL USRA DS underframe. The handout will
include the
original Jeff Koeller drawings. Set of near-scale decal layout
drawings, a step by
step photo supported layout of the kit under re-construction and
the use of
some relatively new techniques and the styrene to create the kit.

The ACCRAIL parts have been donated by Bob Walker and Dennis
Storzek of
ACCRAIL and will no cost to the group.

HOWEVER; the clinic will be presented only once and limited to
the first 25
members who sign up!

ACCRAIL has also been kind enough to donate PROTO COUPLERS to
accompany the
project and we will be installing them at the clinic as it
doesn't interfere
with the substructure of the kit, hands on.

I do hope to have the custom decals completed for the clinic but
in case
they are not they will be mailed to those in attendance who were
part of the
group at a later date... I may have missed my deadline with RAIL
GRAPHICS. So
don't bitch, you will get them... 3^)

If you're not familiar with the car here is a link to a photo of
the car

_http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/kcs/kcs15599am.jpg_
(http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/kcs/kcs15599am.jpg)

There were a total of 92 cars rebuilt in this group of which over
80 were
still in revenue service beyond 1960.

The focus of the clinic is to stimulate the Cross-Kit
conversions and good
modeling, that will for me (and hopefully you) lead to more
rebuilt cars such
as the Santa Fe post war rebuilds using the ACCRAIL kits as they
are the
only means to the end with the loss of the C&BT cars, but if you
have these C&BT
cars with some re-engineering the same process can be used. The
KCS car is
an interesting prototype with the entire brake system on the same
side of the
car.

AGAIN, THE SPACE FOR THIS CLINIC IS LIMITED SO CONTACT MIKE BROCK
IF YOU ARE
GOING TO BE THERE AND WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS CLINIC... DO NOT
CONTACT ME
OR JEFF ALLEY, CONTACT MIKE BROCK... The kit and contents are
free!

My deepest thanks go out in advance to Bob and Dennis of ACCRAIL,
as well as
Digital Fox and 5th Avenue Car Shops for technical advice and
Jeff Koeller
and Richard Hendrickson on prototype information and support.

See you in a couple of weeks...

Greg Martin