Old Conductor Books

Gary Roe

I have a few old (1906-1907) Wabash Conductor books that I have been looking at in detail the couple of weeks. One of the things that I am curious about is a notation that I found in the "final destination" column for a couple cars. The train was WB from Saint Louis to Moberly and had some cars for points beyond. The final destination for one was shown as "Stanberry+way", the other was shown as "Clyde+way". (Stanberry and Clyde are both towns on the Wabash line to Council Bluffs) What does the "+way" mean? Is that shorthand for the car needs to be weighed? Or could it be these cars were LCL or "way" cars?

gary roe