Re: Freight car floors

Bruce Smith

On Wed, January 18, 2006 6:44 pm, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:
Jack Van Buekenhout wrote:
"Suggest that you look at the February 2006 issue of the Railroad
Model Craftsman (page 71) to look at an article on finishing
flooring for models."

Excellent suggestion - after all, it's the article that kicked off
this thread! <G>

Ben Hom
The only down side is that Stan suggests that the floors were creosote
treated wood, which the facts doon't seem to bear out <G> So, rather thas
Stan's use of rubber as a final wash, I would go with something a little
browner, like RR tie or roof brown (yeah, I KNOW RR tie brown is supposed
to be creosote treated wood) as it looks more like somewhat weathered
(darkened) oak.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith