Re: Freight car floors

ljack70117@...

On Jan 19, 2006, at 9:10 AM, Gene Green wrote:

This entire discussion about lumber, warped wood, etc. illustrates
perfectly why all RR museums should move their entire collections of
rolling stock to El Paso ASAP. Here nothing rots, warps or rusts.

This past November I used five sheets of 3/4" plywood that I had stored
outside since 1994. It was still OK.

I'll advise the city council that they need to condemn and confisticate
all 3 RR yards in town in anticipation of a flood of RR equipment. The
UP is talking about moving their yards several miles west into New
Mexico anyway.

Gene Green
Out in the west Texas town of El Paso
I was in El Paso once in 1955. It rained. For the first 10 minutes it was mud balls. It took it that long to clear the dust out of the air.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@...