Re: 8.000/10.000 gallon tank car trucks [Proto 2000].

al_brown03

There are also cast-metal Dalmans available from *Bethlehem* Car
Works, in their "Kitbits" line. I *think* these are the old Red Ball
trucks formerly available from Cape Line. BCW assemble them with
screws, instead of soldering them together as previous makers did.
They're recognizable Dalmans, and the screw assembly makes it easy to
paint the side frames or change out the wheel sets; but put it this
way, I'm curious to see the new trucks.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@o...>
wrote:

On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Arnold wrote:

Will the Eastern Car Works Inc Dalman trucks do it?
http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?
quick=dalman&quicksrch_butt.x=21&quicksrch_butt.y=9

What are they made of?
They're made of styrene, which is both less durable and
less "slippery"
as a bearing surface than the engineering plastics used in most HO
scale trucks. But they're all we have at present. As I mentioned
in a
two
level trucks under development – I've seen incomplete sample
moldings,
so we're not talking vaporware here – and I'd be inclined to wait
until
these become available later this year.

Richard Hendrickson