From: Mike Brock<mailto:brockm@brevard.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: [STMFC] ADMIN: Creosote and wood preservatives

While things have quited down somewhat, I guess it's time to terminate the
discussions about the chemical makeup of creosote and various other wood
preservatives.

OTOH, the color of flat car flooring is entirely within the scope of this
group. Someone noted that the only thing that really matters is...what
should the appearance be...not what is the actual substance used...or not
used. While that conclusion is worthy, it is not entirely correct. The
group's charter does include the study of the prototype including such
things as the types of materials used in car construction. Nevertheless, we
do seem to have explored this subject rather thoroughly...at least to the
degree of the analysis of chemical preservatives.

I will add, though, that I plan to pursue color photographs of flat car
decks, I will point them out and will be interested in examples that other
members find. I would, however, caution the members that we're only
interested in photos of cars in our time period.

Thanks.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links