Re: Yahoo

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Mike:

I suspect that having a Yahoo ID is the reason why I keep getting SPAM
messages of questionable honesty offering all sorts of "deals" on
non-railroad merchandise and services. This didn't happen much before
Yahoo took over Onelist. It looks to me like Yahoo provides their
vendors with direct access to our e-mail accounts, which allows them to
get around having cookies turned off on our machines. I am not happy
about this, but don't see any way around it at the present time unless I
just crawl into a cave and become a hermit. [Filters don't work, as the
most annoying vendors change their address and subject slightly with
each post to keep us off balance. Very sneaky.]

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Mike Brock wrote:

Regarding the change to Yahoo, you don't need to do anything to continue to
receive messages....