Re: Which tank cars?

Tim O'Connor

Tom Madden wrote

... taking old Route 66 for 90 miles from just west of Needles CA
to Ludlow, following the Santa Fe main line through Goffs, Essex and
Amboy. You cross I40 one time, otherwise it's completely out of sight
and it's like you've taken a time machine to a different world.
90 miles? Another world? C'mon Tom! I drive 90 miles to fill up my
gas tank! You should see my commute to work! I admit that one might
think a vast empty desert may seem like Mars, but that's just the
effect that extreme boredom plays on the imagination!

Tim "from the wide open spaces of Massachusetts"