Re: Covered Hoppers

Brian Termunde

In a message dated 1/26/2006 5:28:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
thompson@signaturepress.com writes:

I'd say "no" unless something like locomotive sand was also produced.
Cinders certainly don't need a "lid."

---> No, I can't see volcanic cinders being used for sand. Could it have
been roofing granule's? I know that it would not have been for ballast, as that
would have been gon's and hoppers, it would have to been something else that
would use volcanic cinders, perhaps the finer particles that could not have
been shipped in hoppers or gons. I guess that I will need to scratch those cars
off my list. Thanks again!

Take Care!

Brian R. Termunde
West Jordan, Utah

"Ship and Travel the Grand Canyon Line!"
Grand Canyon Railway
Utah District