Re: WWII Freight Car Utilization

Charles Etheredge

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Thompson <thompson@s...> wrote:

Jared is referring to his specific project, but this is a very
general warning we should all heed: if there is someone you think
might
be worthwhile to interview, DON'T put it off.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@s...
Publishers of books on railroad history

I'll have to say a strong amen to that Tony. I have located two
engineers, one careman, and a chief dispatcher, all retired from the
T&NO and all began their careers from about 1939 to 1943 or so. All
live here in Austin and I am taping them whenever I can. But like
Jared, I always wish I knew more questions to ask.

Charles Etheredge
Modeling the T&NO in the 40's