Re: UP "Be Specific" slogan ...

Robert Daniels

According to Sunshine Models Prototype Data Sheet #31A, the "Be Specific" slogan came into use in late 1949. There is also a December 1950 photo of a B-50-33 boxcar carrying the slogan.

Rob Daniels
New York, NY

stefanelaine <stefanelaine@...> wrote:
Just wonderng when the this UP slogan first came into widespread use?
I've got a Trix ACR 40' B-50-27 that I'd like to use, but I fear that
my late 1954 era is too early for this scheme. Anyone stripped one of
these cars? What did you use?
Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerche'
Duncan, BC

Train travel Freight car Canada train travel Train travel in italy North american