From: Thomas Baker<mailto:bakert@andrews.edu>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:21 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: armed, US based trains

I wonder whether the Minuteman missle or whatever it was traveled in freight trains. I know that a missle car and perhaps a control car traveled in passenger trains. In 1968 I rode the Rock Island "Plainsman" from Iowa Falls to Minneapolis. It was winter, and the train was about two hours late into Iowa Falls and getting later as we went along. There it came with its three coaches, a diner lounge, mail car and baggage cars, and the two or three missle cars. The military personnel must have been in one of the cars. We definitely did not see them because it was snowing and very cold outside.

Tom