Doug Brown wrote:
"For those interested class GL was built 7-1898 to 1-1904. They were
converted into class GLC with a shallower slope of the cross ridge
between 4-23 and 1935. Starting in 1941 they were converted to class
GLCA with changes including AB brakes and power hand brake mechanisms.
They were gone by 2-57. Some of these 19th century cars outlasted
steam on the Pennsy."
Actually, there were still 730 cars listed in 1957. The last Class
GLCA were off the roster by February 1967. These cars nearly
outlasted the Pennsy!