Re: Super Glue

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bruce Smith wrote:
No, I'm not "just playing with words". There are three phases of matter.
Solid, liquid, gas. "Water vapor" is water in the gas phase. The next
time you dive into a swimming pool filled with gaseous water, I think
you'll understand the difference ;^)
Bruce is of course right, particularly since the usual "civilian" meaning of "water" is certainly liquid water. Most people are well aware that steam and ice are also water, but it's no accident we have separate names for those things. And if Larry thinks there is no difference between high humidity and desert humidity, he should travel more <g>.

Anthony Thompson
Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering
University of California, Berkeley
thompsonmarytony@sbcglobal.net