Re: IM R-40-19's

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

David Ball wrote:
More PFE model question. This time about the IM assembles R-40-19's

All that I've seen has the build date listed as 1942. Is this a promotional
error that continued through, or does the model have the erroneous rebuild
date?

Also, I'm I right in thinking that the ladders should be black?
As this rebuild class was done during 1944-1945, the 1942 date is obviously wrong. I don't know if the IM cars will have a correct "built date," but the 1944-45 dates are REBUILD dates. PFE normally showed both on such cars.
Ladders should be black for a car with paint prior to 1949.

Publishers of books on railroad history