Re: Carbide drill bits?

Michael Watnoski

Greetings,

If these are the printed circuit board drills with 1/8" shafts,
they will snap if used in any hand tool. A lot of these are on
the market because they are too short for drilling a stack of
circuit boards after being sharpened numerous times.

Michael

engnut2004 wrote:

Hi, all,

I'm mostly a listener but was wondering if anyone can comment on using
carbide drill bits in the #60 to #80 range. Are they too brittle?
Can they be used in hand-held chucks? I see sets of them at
attractive prices on e-bay but wonder if (at least in the small sizes
mentioned above) they are practical for model car building.

TIA,

George Pierson

Yahoo! Groups Links