Re: R-40-23 w/ diagonal panel roof?

jaley <jaley@...>

Thanks to Charles, Tony, Tim, and Andy for responding to my message. All
have said that there is no such animal as an R-40-23 with a dp roof.

Because this is a factory-assembled model, I will contact IM and see if
they will exchange it.

Regards,

-Jeff

On Feb 12, 7:15pm, Mr Charles burns wrote:
Subject: Re: [STMFC] R-40-23 w/ diagonal panel roof?
Hello Jeff,All
I made some R-40-25s in N by kitbashing a diagonal
panel roof. The ends on the 25's have an extra small
rib at the top, and the dropsteps are a different
style, without the sidesill tab.
The Thompson PFE book {Bible on the cars!} shows all
of these features.
Charlie Burns
ESPEE coastline '64 in N.

--- jaley <jaley@pcocd2.intel.com> wrote:

I recently purchased a factory assembled HO scale IM
R-40-23.

I immediately noticed that the car has a diagonal
panel roof. The car is
lettered as an R-40-23.

My first thought was that IM had accidentally put
the wrong paint scheme
on an R-40-25 body, but the ends lack the extra top
rib of the R-40-25.

My question: was there any such car (R-40-23 w/
diagonal panel roof)? I
could not find one in Thompson, Church & Jones'
book.

I thought I'd double-check here before I contact IM
to see if I can get a
replacement.

Thanks,

-Jeff