Re: Marklin/Trix R-40-14's

mopacfirst

Has anyone tried using the IM R-40-10 with Detail Associates white
plastic ends? These are the ends that were originally designed for
the Athearn car, and I know they're two or three scale inches too
narrow for the IM R-40-23 (I once thought about this conversion too,
but didn't do it).
The IM kit has the beveled corners to work with the square corner
ends, but the Detail Associates W-section end has its own rivets so
it might be possible to trim the sides back just a bit.
Or is this nuts?

Ron Merrick

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@...> wrote:

David Ball asked:
"What is the quality/accuracy of the Marklin/Trix R-40-14's like?"

The running board discrepancy is minor compared to the ice hatches,
which are grossly undersized. <snip>

Ben Hom