Re: Marklin/Trix R-40-14's

Andy Carlson

David,
I have a lot of spare parts for Terry's various
reefers.If you want a pair of ends (or any other
part), State-side modelers can get a pair of the ends
for $3.00, postpaid.
contact me at midcentury@sbcglobal.net off-list,
please.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

--- David Ball <davidball@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

Another option would be the Terry's ends from the
R-30-18, etc kits.

The big quest may be if they are available
separately. If you need to
sacrifice a whole kit, then there wouldn't be any
cost advantages
over the Trix price (assuming you can correct the
discrepancies).

Cheers

David Ball

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "mopacfirst"
<ron.merrick@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried using the IM R-40-10 with Detail
Associates white
plastic ends? These are the ends that were
originally designed for
the Athearn car, and I know they're two or three
scale inches too
narrow for the IM R-40-23 (I once thought about
this conversion
too,
but didn't do it).
The IM kit has the beveled corners to work with
the square corner
ends, but the Detail Associates W-section end has
its own rivets so
it might be possible to trim the sides back just a
bit.
Or is this nuts?

Ron Merrick

Yahoo! Groups Links