Uncoupling Levers

Rod Miller

I'm looking for information on uncoupling levers. I know of three
types, the Carmer lever, a lever that lifts the pin from the top, and a
lever that pushes the pin up from the bottom; there probably were
more.

Are there any rules or guidelines for when each different lever was
used, e.g., one type was outlawed after a certain date, or one type is
supposed to be used on a certain type of car, etc.?

No doubt this has been discussed here before, but yahoogroups now
restricts searches of the message archives to about 500 messages per
search, so a complete search of the archives would take a bit of time.
Als, nothing turned up on a search of rec.models.railroads via google
groups search.

Thanks

Rod Miller