Re: TOFC tie downs

Pieter Roos

There was an excellent series on a very similar C&NW early TOFC
flatcar in Mainline Modeler, see the following listing from the
Kalmbach online index.

C&NW Piggyback Service, Part 1
Mainline Modeler, October 1988 page 67
( C&NW, FLATCAR, "KEYSER, LLOYD", TOFC, FREIGHTCAR, PROTOTYPE, MM )

C&NW Piggyback Service, pt.2: Prototype flat cars
Mainline Modeler, November 1988 page 63

CNW piggyback service, Part 3
Mainline Modeler, December 1988 page 68

C&NW Piggyback Service - the prototype
Mainline Modeler, January 1989 page 61

C&NW piggyback service, Part 4
Mainline Modeler, January 1989 page 61

C&NW Piggyback Service - the model
Mainline Modeler, January 1989 page 65

C&NW piggyback service, Part 5
Mainline Modeler, February 1989 page 24

Pieter Roos

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "leakinmywaders" <leakinmywaders@...>
wrote:

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "rockroll50401" <cepropst@> wrote:
....You need to know I build models from
photos, never use a ruler, I have no idea if the railing are
anywhere
close to scale, but they look like the ones in the photos.
Well, that works, because you have such a great eye for what you're
modeling. Some of us can look at a photo a hundred times and still
not
see what's there. And if you build with your eyes glued to
calipers
and a ruler, sometimes in the end, when it's too late, your
holistic
eye lets you know you got a measurement wrong.