From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tim
O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:16 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Duryea Underframes

Mass retirement of D&RGW Duryea equipped gons began in 1972, and a
couple of old emails from Eric and Jim Eager approximate the time of
expiration of Duryea equipped freight cars as 1972 to 1974. They were
of course only prohibited for interchange and many cars continued in
company service for much longer.

Tim O'Connor

Jerry Glow wrote:
"This came up the other day on the BBFCL and a response cited 1970
as the date they were outlawed. Can't confirm or deny but it's a
start."

Cross referencing 1970 vs Jeff English's AAR Interchange Dates
compilation in the STMFC files section turned up "No underframes over
50 years (blt before Jan 2 1970?)", attributed to Eric Neubauer.

Ben Hom

Yahoo! Groups Links