Re: Duryea Underframes

Richard Hendrickson

On Feb 18, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Doug Brown wrote:

According to 49 CFR (see my other post) company service cars with
Duryea
underframes could not be used in freight trains. I think they can be
used in
ME and MW trains.
Doug, the information re: 49 CFR is very useful, but it isn't clear at
what date the prohibition of Duryea underframes built before 1950 took
effect. The version of 49 CFR you posted was dated 1979, but I wonder
if it banned Duryea U/Fs for the first time or restated a prohibition
which was already in effect. Can you, or any other list subscriber,
clarify this?

Richard Hendrickson