LPG tank car use

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

I have a question about LPG tank cars and how they were used. If a company purchased or leased a handful of cars would they generally use them for delivery of product to their own customers or to receive product themselves that would then be shipped to customers via another means. In particular, I am trying to determine if a company had one or two LPG cars, would those cars generally be used to bring LPG to them or to bring LPG to their customers? See example at http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/tank/acf/lgx500main.html. Would Lehigh have used this to receive or deliver LPG?

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
645 Tanner Marsh Road, Guilford, CT 06437
info@speedwitch.com
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912