Re: interesting techique

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton <smokeandsteam@...>

This process is usually known as electroforming: I seem to remember it being
advocated in the one of the UK magazines in the seventies as an alternative
to etching. In fact you could probably do it at home with a copper sulphate
solution and a simple DC power supply and get lovely copper ends or even
sides for cars like gondolas - copper would be really easy to distress with
a selection of small blunt instruments to give that well used look.

Rather than using neat bismuth it’s probably easier to get hold of Cerrobend
(Wood’s Metal) to make the one-shot electroforming moulds from your masters
it should eb available from engineering suppliers.

Aidrian

Wondering about the state of the world when the spell checker wants me to
replace “sulphate” with “caliphate”…