Re: Freight Car Trucks - when?

Richard Hendrickson

On Feb 19, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Jim, I can't speak for Richard, but I would say that things
aren't so cut and dried that you can specify exact dates for many of
the things you want to know. Introduction date of a particular truck,
sure; but widespread adoption date, a bit more fuzzy. Likewise, a date
when a ban went into effect is exact, but of course usage declined
before that; and some truck designs simply became obsolete or
superseded by better ones over a period of time. IMO you will just
have
to understand that "fuzziness" is part of the history.
Exactly. Or, rather, inexactly, which is why, in my fairly lengthy
post on this subject yesterday, as well as in the RPC 4 article, I did
not specify precise dates.

Richard Hendrickson