B&O 50' Branchline cars

mopacfirst

I've put off building any Branchline 50' B&O cars until now, since as
soon as I did research on these I realized they would be more
complicated than average.
and a couple of photos of similar classes on rr-fallenflags.org.
Now for the questions: B&O 282000-282149, M-61, and 299300-299326, M-
61B, are 8' door riveted box, more or less Branchline out-of-the-box
except for Duryea underframe and Morton running board, and minor
changes to the sill tabs. I can't really tell how many crossties
there are, the deep ones that run under the centersill, but I'm
guessing four. Is this right or are there six? Is the triple valve
located under the left edge of the door? Are there any photos that
show this better? And, are these just about the last (maybe only)
50' box built with Duryea underframe? Were these cars mostly captive
or, especially a few years after being built, were they free-
runners? Did they get converted into anything else, within the
timeframe of this list?
B&O 288000-288698, M-65 double door. These don't seem to be Duryea
underframe. Did they have Morton running board?
Anything else useful to note about these cars?

Ron Merrick