Re: Fact, Fiction, Truth or Myth

Richard White

Dear Jim,
I don't model in P87 or Scale4 (the 1:76 equivalent) but I know several
people who do and I've seen and been allowed to operate their layouts.
HO scale freight car trucks are sufficiently short wheelbase that they do
not need to be sprung (or compensated, which is the alternative. Passenger
car trucks probably should be sprung or compensated and steam locomotives
MUST be sprung or compensated, otherwise they will certainly fall off the
track. On cars the trucks must be able to rock sufficiently to enable the
car to adjust to changes in grade and slight imperfections in the track etc.
They should rock fore and aft at one end and from side to side at the other.
I hope this helps
Richard White

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.