Arrowhead Tank Cars

Keith Jordan

Does anybody have information on Arrowhead-Puritas Waters' water service
tank cars? I'm not referring to the "bottle" cars, the ones with the tanks
on flat cars.

It appears there were some cars in dedicated water service as shown on page
24 of P. Allen Copeland's "Pacific Electric in Color," volume 2. The cars
look to be 10-12K gal. black tank cars, reporting marks unknown. APWX was
the Arrowhead-Puritas' reporting mark until about 1950.

Any photos or additional info? I'm also looking for early 1950s vintage
delivery truck images. A search of the list and various Google searches have
dried up. Hah!

Thanks,

Keith Jordan