Re: Interpreting Copeland interchange data

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

tgregmrtn@... wrote:

All,

As I exhibited in TKM the PRR handled the Lions share of the hauls for all perishable produce traffic from the Mississippi east, nearly the sum of the NKP and Erie together, for most of the 50's (and Likely before) until the traffic dwindled to truck and TOFC business. As was mentioned the shippers controlled the traffic not the Railroads, the consignee "points the cannon" as we way even today in rail shipping unless it is on-line traffic.
Greg,

Two questions :

1) How much of this perishable traffic came through Pot Yard from the southeast?
2) In which TKM was this article published?

Tim Gilbert