Re: Interpreting Copeland interchange data

jaley <jaley@...>

On Feb 28, 11:21am, Tim Gilbert wrote:

Still 250 cars a week (13,071 divided by 52 weeks) does not seem that
much. Will you get CRI&P interchange data for Tucumcari, St. Louis &
Chicago?
I hope I will be receiving the data. I typed the Kansas City data
into a spreadsheet while I was at the library. I have asked them to send
me a photocopy of the entire CRI&P Interchange Report, so I hope to have
the whole picture eventually.

What happened to ATSF's other interchanges in Kansas City between 1952 &
1953? Did the ATSF switch preferences from one RR (MP?) to the CRI&P in
the line to St. Louis?
I don't know. I only collected data on the CRI&P and the UP. In
the case of the UP, there was no Interchange Report in the Harvard
collection, so I had to attempt to re-create the report by examining those
of all the other roads that served Kansas City. In all of those cases, I
only noted the data for UP interchange at Kansas City; no other roads, nor
other locations.

Thanks for your insights. At the very least, I can be assured that the
major interchange partner for UP and RI reefers was the Wabash, as
evidenced by the imbalance in loaded cars interchanged "from" and "to" the
Wabash.

Regards,

-Jeff

--