Re: Hopper Help

Chet French <cfrench@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Thomas Baker" <bakert@...> wrote:

The posting of a link to C&IM hoppers reminds me of a question.
Severall years ago I inquired about the C&IM two-bay offset hoppers.
Someone on the list responded that the hoppers were once painted green
while in service for the C&IM. Is this accurate? If so, what tone of
green might approximate that used by the C&IM?

Tom,

C&IM hoppers in revenue service were black with white lettering. A few
of the two bay hoppers were converted to locomotive sand cars and
painted green with a red stripe running the length of the car. Colors
were probably the same as those used on the diesels.

Chet French
Dixon, IL