Re: PFE on Wabash

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Rich C" <richchrysler@...> wrote:

Yes, Frank.

I'm talking about the eastern end (relatively speaking) of the run,
east from Michigan via Southern Ontario (shortest route I would think)
to get to NY State, etc. via Niagara Falls and Buffalo and on to NYC,
etc. I've seen plenty of pictures of Wabash hauling great long strings
of freight through Ontario using their 2200 series K-3 Mikados, just
not sure about the PFE's coming through that route.
The big traffic on that part of the Wabash was from the automobile
industry in Michigan.

BTW, why the emphasis on PFE in all this talk. There was a lot of
western produce in SFRE and WFE cars also.