Re: harriman codes

Allen Rueter <allen@...>

Would B2 be considered a Harriman Standard code?

Thanks

8<

I am probably using a narrower definition of "Automobile" car than you.
My criterion is the Mechanical Designation as per the ORER's. If a
boxcar is designated XMR, XAP, XAR, XA, XF, etc., I classify it as an
"Automobile Car." If it is designated "XM," its a general service
boxcar. I have no other way of determining whether a "XM" car was in
special or general service - ditto for the "Automobile Cars." You
probably use the Harriman Standard "A" and "B" prefixes as your
differentiation between "General Service" & "Automobile" cars.
--
------
Allen P Rueter o0000o Phone: 314/935-6429 email allen :) artsci.wustl.edu