Re: Morton Running boards

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

Shawn,

Yes, Plano running boards can be made to fit. I've used a few of them, and didn't like them because they ended up wavey and were difficult to glue in place without filling in the holes (yes, I know it can be done, but I'm pretty ham fisted).

I like the Kadee running boards much more, and use them in kitbashes and for replacing some cast plastic "wooden" running boards when the prototype calls for metal. This may sound like heresy, but I keep the mounting pins. They allow me to fix the running boards to the underside of the roof with clear silicone sealant.

As Sam said, Kadee might consider tooling Morton running boards if there was a large demand, and told me I could forward our correspondence to the group to spark some interest. If anyone else besides me wants them, now is a good time to let him know through this group.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Beckert, Shawn wrote:

Garth,

Plano makes Morton running boards, supposedly to fit the
Intermountain PFE reefers. Have you looked to see if they
would work on the Kadee PS-1's?

Shawn Beckert