Re: General covered hopper questions

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

I'm far from a expert on covered hopper loads, but here's my 3 cents worth. In the upper Midwest cement was shipped to plant customers in home road hopper cars. A customer on the RI would get an RI hopper car and so forth. I have documentation of these other commodities hauled in two bay covered hoppers. Meal, malt, feed, lime, grain or grain products, sand, potash, and phosphate. Those of you with the Sidney Wheeler CD can see the distance some hoppers traveled with agricultural based loads. The CGW bought several series of two bay covered hoppers with roller bearing trucks for more reliable on line service.
There are photos of two bay covered hoppers being delivered to the local oil pipeline outlet. I've been told these cars carried additives for the gasoline?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa