Re: PRR, standards, etc

armprem

Thanks Gregg.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg Mahlkov" <mahlkov@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: PRR, standards, etc

Armand,

You don't mention specifics, but on unit train moves, there are minimal
terminal costs, and coal often moves in shipper supplied cars that the
railroads don't pay mileage or car hire on. The AN definitely made money on
a 96 mile coal haul, although I could rework the figures to show a loss if
the shipper complained the rate was too high! But, that's a whole 'nother
subject...

Gregg Mahlkov
Florida's Forgotten Coast

Armand Premo writes:

Gregg,It is my understanding that it is transfered to as many as five
different RRs before it reaches its final destination.How can each road
make
any profit from such a short haul?

Yahoo! Groups Links

--