From: "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net>
To: "steamfreight" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 21 January, 2002 15:07
Subject: [STMFC] Quesions about a depressed center flat car

: As an excuse for trying out my new bandsaw, I started
scratchbuilding
: the depressed center flat car which is described in an
ancient
: Kalmbach book entitled "Easy-to-Build Model Railroad
Freight Cars" and
: sub-titled "24 Dollar Car Projects from the pages of Model
: Railroader". (This book is (C) 1971, a mere 30 years old
as I'm sure
: I bought it soon after it hit the market).
:
: Anyway, there's what purports to be a prototype "sketch"
(I'd hate to
: call it a drawing) with the markings "TPRX" giving it's
capacities as
: CAPY 190000
: LdLmt. 195800
: Lt. Wt 55200
: new 12-47
:
: and showing a car with two two-axle trucks.
:
: I have two questions:
: 1. What might have been the prototype for this model,
if any?
: 2. Where on a depressed-center flat car is the brake
gear located?
:
: I'd appreciate any information on this car -- or anything
like it.
:
:
: Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!