Re: DL&W 40' 1937 AAR boxcars 51400-51749

Ed Hawkins

On Saturday, March 11, 2006, at 03:38 PM, Brian J Carlson wrote:

I am building a model of one of the above cars.  The only photo I have
is a
small one from an Ed Hawkins article in the July 1991 RMJ. I was
wondering
what trucks were installed under this series?
Brian,
July 1991. Gee, my hair actually had color other than gray back then!
The truck side frames were Symington-Gould and the trucks were spring
plankless. My preference for these is the Tichy so-called "Bettendorf"
truck. I think this truck captures the right appearance as well as any.
Richard or others might want to give their insight.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins