Re: NdeM.

Jack Mullen

Rod Miller wrote:

I have an O scale Walthers decal set 64-24 for an NdeM box car.

... in the stripe on the right side of the door are large words in
silver CARRO TIENDA. As far as I could find out that means holding
car.
I believe this denotes an insulated car.

There is a panel in the decal set that says

ASIGNADO EXCLUSIVAMENTE A
CERVECERIA MOCTEZUMA S.A.
PARA TRAFICO ENTRE
ORIZABA Y MEXICO

which my high school spanish translates into "Assigned exclusively
the brewery Moctezuma S.A. for traffic between Orizaba and [the
rest
of] Mexico". I have been told that Orizaba is noted for its
breweries.
I suggest that the sense of this is for traffic between Orizaba and
Mexico [City].

Jack Mullen