Re: Harriman Codes -Some Other RR's Systems

Bruce Smith

Doug,

Thanks for reminding me of that photo. For modelers of the PRR H21 hopper, it is impressive to see that most if not all of the H21A hoppers in the shot seem to still have a partial length top chord.

Note that since these are cars in ore service, the color might not be appropriate for coal hoppers. Also, as we have discussed regarding this photo in the past, the exterior colors do vary a bit <G>!

BTW, the photo was taken by Jack Delano in 1943 and for those who didn't know, it is located in the Farm Services Administration archive at the Library of Congress site <G>. http://memory.loc.gov

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL
http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

On Mar 13, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Doug Brown wrote:

Here is a great color photo of hopper car interiors.
http://memory.loc.gov/service/pnp/fsac/1a34000/1a34800/1a34826v.jpg <>

Doug Brown