Re: WM hopper trucks

byronrose@...

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:19:59 -0500 "John Nehrich" <nehrij@rpi.edu>
writes:
One of our members is assembling a bunch of the Stewart channel side
hoppers, and wanted to know what trucks to use. I found one picture
where I
think the car had Andrews, but it isn't clear, and one photo does
not a
roster make. Any information? - John
John,

One thing to keep in mind is that the Stewart kit is a poor
representation of only the cars that WM rebuilt in 1952. The hoppers,
end sills, ladders and other detail needs correcting. They really cannot
pass for their older channel sides, unless one is modeling way, way off
scale.

FWIW, the couple of those cars still in service in Harrisburg are rolling
on an AAR type cast sideframe truck, formerly known in the hobby as
Bettendorf (ph?), a little town in Iowa.

BSRose
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.