Re: Boxcar anatomy question

Richard Townsend

I don't think that is it, because the items I referred to in my original response were on the sides of the cars, under (lower than) the side ladders. Push pole pocket is the only thing called out on the diagram, but as I said in my last post, that's probably not much help. At the risk of creating another roofwalk/outside-braced bit of nomenclature, maybe you could call them corner castings.

--
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

"leakinmywaders" <leakinmywaders@yahoo.com> wrote:

Checking a few more pics, I see that some designs of side stirrup
steps �do attach to side faces of these corner pieces.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT
Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.