Re: Alternate Stock Car Loads - was Another question from the newbie...

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Mike Aufderheide wrote:

Tim,

Something else to keep in mind with stockcars is that they were often
used for things other than stock "off season" I've seen everything
from railroad ties to watermelons listed. I use this as justification
for running more of them on my layout than the stock traffic warrants.
You know...'cus they're cool!
Mike,

You can add lumber & pulpwood to your list of out of season commodities loaded into stock cars. Indeed for many years, the MEC listed in the ORER's a series of combination pulpwood rack/stock cars. And then you have the shipment of live stock in boxcars particularly during the winter.

Tim Gilbert