Re: % private owner tank cars

Tim O'Connor

Tim
You are becoming a "Chubbist" with your one in twenty statement -
actually what you mean that one in 20 freight cars on line nationally
were tank cars
( I was eliminating coal hoppers and coal gons -- I figure that accounts
for a sizable % of the total. )

So what's wrong with Chubb? He developed the C-MRI, the bleeding edge
of digital train control when most folks were challenged wiring up Atlas
snap switches. And AFAIK, he actually built a couple of major layouts.
Sad to say, most of the historians aren't interested in that aspect of
the hobby. And so my message was addressed to newbie layout builders,
who should be apprised what a morass they may be getting into with
faithful-to-the-last-drop prototype model builders... or historians. :-)