Re: "Autoracks"

Richard Townsend

I'm a little late getting into this discussion, but didn't the NYC use some of those early-fifties double deck autoracks from Evans (Auto-Loader?) that fit on 53-foot flatcars? I seem to recall seeing a photo in MR not too long ago. IIRC, Athearn offered a version of this a long time ago.

--
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

"tvmlines" <tvmlines@...> wrote:

Greetings everyone, In regards to shipping automobiles in boxcars, at
what point in time did multi-level autoracks begin to be used to
transport automobiles and small trucks. Which railroad was the first
to use them. I model December ,1956 New York Central System.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.