Re: Code 88 wheels?

Dennis Storzek <dstorzek@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

As to the depth of the flange, I can put my micrometer on the wheel's
diameter including the flange fairly reliably. When the readings
were the
same, I was lead to suspect that the manufacturing process was
merely to
reduce the tread size on a Code 110 wheel...which, apparently, is what
happened...at least in two cases.

Mike Brock
I'm sure you're correct, but as I explained the oher day, not only
doesn't it make any difference, it actually works to our advantage.
However, since these are not Code 88 wheels as specified in NMRA
RP-25, how about we just call them semi-scale wheels from now on?

Dennis Storzek