Re: Databases starting with models

Mark P.

I can see this quickly snowballing - my own interest would be in S scale cars that match the prototype.

Another issue that would need to be addressed would be how to handle searching for prototype roads when the controlling roads change and when they are absorbed. The DT&I and N&W come to mind for roads that are controlled by others at various times. My own favorite Toledo & Ohio Central was controlled by the Hocking Valley for 21 years, then by NYC, then was absorbed - if I am looking for the T&OC/K&M cars that became the first batch of NYC panel side hopper rebuilds, how can I find these? It's not as straight forward as you might think, but linking would greatly facilitate this.

Mark Plank
researching the T&OC at http://members.kconline.com/plank/tochome.htm and rethinking how my databases are organized